Sunday, July 22, 2018

If you have privilege (whether real-world or wikiprivilege) please use to help us all! - Asaf #Wikimania #Wikimania2018

Not sure I understand. Do you want me to be privileged or not, to have power or not. If you insist on categorizing me as a privileged white male, then I will act as someone who feels guilty and ashamed for being who I am. Silenced, too, because anytime I speak it is by definition privileged speech. If you ask me to act for you as a privileged white male then this is just like days of old when women only had power via men. If you are going to pretend that I am female by using the ruse of "feminist male", then that is a classic double bind and a lie, a way of using 'definition' as an evil rhetorical tool. We just redefine the privilege away by calling my a female. I am, therefore, not privileged any more, just powerful. You cannot have it both of these ways. If, you ask me for help as a human being who is able to help you get power, then perhaps we have a place to start. Until then, sorry, fuck off. I am human, first, last and always. Start there. I got a pretty good, if imperf
OW3wkYzR_normal.jpg Sarah Kiden
@MsKiden
If you have privilege (whether real-world or wikiprivilege) please use to help us all! - Asaf #Wikimania #Wikimania2018

DitB8WGXkAE24fZ.jpg:large

No comments: