Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nassim Nicholas Taleb - TIME

So do you feel vindicated by this current crisis?I feel angry. Very, very angry. I described the way it happened, I described the mistakes, and I see all these people explaining it backwards. Let me make another metaphor: you have a hundred people playing Russian roulette, and one of them killed themselves, and economists are theorizing that he killed himself because he held the gun in a certain way. You require something vastly more structural. Let's go back to roots. Let's do real things. Let's have more transparency, fewer complicated products we don't understand. Let's generate economic growth by old traditional ways, let's favor technology companies, let's not favor all this financial bulls---. Because it was a Ponzi scheme, I don't know any other way to call it.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb - TIME (continue reading &aquo;)

No comments: