Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Languages: Skype Interview : Social Bookmarking


  • Is tagging a cognitive activity ? Does tagging force you to reflect on categories to find the correct key word?
    Yes, but I feel that it remains quite personal too. Lately, I attended an Elluminate session on tagging for Flickr. We were asked to tag a picture and we then compared all the different words and categories suggested-fascinating... For photos the choice of categories is maybe wider but I believe that we also get the categories to fit our needs. The question is always: if I want to find this again to do… what key word do I need?
This would be a valuable icebreaker in a social networking class.

1 comment:

Isabelle Jones said...

Hi there
Thanks for the mention! It enabled me to have a look at this blog-what a find!
Isabelle
http://isabellejones.blogspot.com